WHY WORK FOR US?
At Iredale Architecture, we believe architecture has a key role to play in shaping our communities and in promoting sustainable practices. From our offices in Vancouver and Victoria, we offer consulting services in architecture, building envelope science, structural engineering, master planning, heritage rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, LEED and Passive House facilitation, space planning and interior design. Our wide range of projects includes civic, cultural, educational, light industrial, commercial and residential buildings. The Principals are involved in the day-to-day work of the firm, leading and mentoring our associates, technologists and other professionals.
We are committed to maintaining a supportive work environment, to encouraging professional growth and to providing ongoing educational opportunities to our staff. We have a humanistic approach to our workplace, and base our work with staff, clients, subconsultants and contractors on the concept of mutual respect. We value our staff’s personal time and expertise.
We also provide employees with a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities.
ARCHITECTURAL / BUILDING TECHNOLOGIST (VANCOUVER, BC)
This position will have the following required skills and expertise:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience with a British Columbia Architectural firm.
- Minimum 3 year’ experience in commercial office/retail and or multi-family residential projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to register with the AIBC.
- Completion of a certified a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution.
- Extensive experience working independently to prepare contract documents, shop drawings, field reviews, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel, and concrete construction, for low-rise, mid-rise projects, and high-rise projects.
- Familiarity with municipal approvals processes.
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1.
- Experience in a variety of project types, including multi-family residential, commercial, educational and office.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, and Photoshop (with a concentration on Revit).
- Understanding of sustainable design considerations.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with Clients, Consultants, and Municipal Staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English.
If you are interested in the position, please send the following documents to email@example.com. Include your name and the position “Intermediate Technologist” in the subject of your email.
- Cover Letter
- Samples of your work in PDF format
- Minimum of two professional references
- Salary expectations